KEEP THEM CLEAN
- Clean your hearing aids and moulds everyday for hygiene. It will keep you ear canals clean as well.
kEEP THEM DRY
- Hearing aid's worst enemy is moisture.
- Leave the hearing aids in the hot water cylinder cupboard or keep them in the drying box; you may have been given one on the purchase of your hearing aids.
keep them in the case
- Store the hearing aids in the case so you can avoid getting them damaged by knocks
KEEP AWAY FROM DIY
- If for some reason you feel your hearing aids are not working how they used to, take them back to your audiologist. Leave them to the experts.
It's easier if you try and make it into a daily routine
REGULAR CHECK UP
- Make sure to check your hearing and hearing aids at least once a year. Doing this will ensure your hearing aids are working to their optimum
talk to your audiologist
- If you feel something is not right, do not put up with it. With the right consultation or adjustments you have higher chance of enjoying wearing your hearing aids.
CHECK THE EXPIRY DATE
- Hearing aid batteries have an expiry date, make sure they are fresh.
take them out from hearing aids when not in use
- This will make your battery last longer
- Will have less chance of getting it corroded
LOG YOUR USAGE
- Not all hearing aid batteries are the same, keep the logging of your hearing aid usage.